About This Item
- A beautiful looking lawn
- Grass clippings not blown onto the operator, driveways, or flower beds
- Less fertilizer use
- Elimination of the effort needed to dispose of clippings
- The MulchControl attachment includes baffles to control the flow of material under the deck.
- The left mower blade area is completely enclosed and optimized for mulching, thus will mulch even when the mower is in the sdata_1e-discharge mode.
- Baffles around the center and right blades are optimized for mulching when the discharge baffle is closed.
- The MulchControl handle is located on top of the mower deck and used to open and close the discharge baffle.
- The operator is required to get off of the machine in order to engage or disengage mulch mode.
- Changing from mulching to sdata_1e discharge or vice versa takes only a few seconds.
MulchControl is well-suited to the following mowing situations:
- Usually mulch, but sdata_1e discharge when grass gets too long
- Usually sdata_1e-discharge, but would like to be able to close the chute to control clippings
- Always mulch a main lawn, but often sdata_1e discharge secondary lawns
- Bag clippings, but want to go farther before emptying bags
MulchControl puts the operator in control of the clippings. Now the operator can have all the benefits of mulching with the ability to easily change to sdata_1e discharge or bagging when needed.
While in the sdata_1e-discharge mode, MulchControl will still mulch about one third of the material. Therefore, the sdata_1e-discharge mode is essentially a partial-mulch mode. This can be an advantage when sdata_1e discharging or bagging, as it helps to reduce the amount of material being discharged. Other times this could work as a disadvantage:
- When cutting strong southern grasses, such as Zoysia and Bermuda
- When cutting in wet, high-growth conditions, such as those found in the Pacific Northwest United States
- When optimum bagging and lawn clean-up is desired
MulchControl for 54-in. (137-cm) HC Mower Decks is a field-installed attachment and compatible with the following:
- 2015 and later X700 Signature Series Tractor 54-in. (137-cm) HC Mower Deck (SN 030,001-)
- 2015 and later EZtrak Z625 and Z655 (SN 170,001-)
- 2016 ZTrak? Z535R and Z540R
John Deere Mulch Control Kit for 54 Inch High Capacity Mowers BM26300
California use info: Warning: Cancer and Reproductive Harm